Thursday, February 24, 2011

Recipe of the Week #10: Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

These are ordinarily just Christmas cookies at our house, but sometimes they can be a nice treat.  Simple and delicious.  My wife originally got the recipe from one of her friends.

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Softened Shortening (I use margarine and it works fine)
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
1 Package Chocolate Cake Mix
1 Cup Powdered Sugar

Directions:
Mix shortening, yolk and peppermint extract until creamy.
Add cake mix; dough will stiffen until mixing by hand is necessary.
Form into balls and drop on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Cool on a rack, then roll in powdered sugar.

Wife's rating: ***(out of five)  "I love everything you bake"
My rating: *** Very nice, very simple.  My son gives 'em at least ****1/2.

No comments: